Early on, we published these answers to our most-common made-up questions. But since then we've made up eight more. Here they are:
8) A new sign every day? Really?
No. Every two days more like. Three sometimes. Which is still way too often.
7) How does daylight saving time affect Iris' signs?
Never thought you'd ask. What with full time jobs and very short winter days, getting a brightly lit photo is a crap shoot at best. We've actually called in outside help on occasion. If the government needs any more reason to get rid of daylight saving time, this is it.
6) Speaking of freelancers, does Iris accept other people's suggestions?
You bet. But don't expect attribution There's no room on the sign. Plus I hope you're not surprised she steals. Iris is a cat. They're all master criminals.
5) All of them?
I believe so, but Victoria Shroff might disagree. She's an Iris fan and a real honest-to-goodness animal-law lawyer in Vancouver and if Iris ever sues us, she'll probably hire Victoria as her agent. Victoria likely thinks cats aren't felons.
4) How long do you think you'll be able to keep from making a felon/feline pun?
3) What's one of the most surprising responses you've gotten to an Iris sign?
Ha! My sister Charlene said the following and I quote: "People love Iris because she's so pretty and wise." My own older sister called "Iris" wise! Reminds me of how people used to think that Charlie McCarthy was really funny.
2) Charlie who?
McCarthy. He was late ventriloquist Edgar Bergen's sidekick. And no, I never made the Charlene/Charlie link until right this minute.
1) Do you ever think you'll get tired of this immature word-play?
Maybe when I'm punning for the fjords